The Mint Disaster

23.5.14



Hello everyone! How has your day been going? It was really pretty outside, so I 
decided to take a walk. 


When I came back, I saw June tending to her mint plants. She was really hot
and sweaty, and looked she needed some help.  
Weeding isn't my favorite thing to do, but I wouldn't mind helping June for a little while.


"June!" I called. "Do you need some help?"
She turned, and looked a little relieved to see me. "Oh, yes please!"


 I sat down beside her, and she showed me which plants to pull up and 
which ones not to. 


We chit-chatted while we worked, which was great because I hadn't had 
much sisterly with June since I had joined the family. She was always busy volunteering
at nature centers and planting flowers and herbs. We were having such a 
great time that I stopped paying attention to which plant I was pulling up!

 Believe it or not, I started pulling up June's mint!


After a while, June noticed what I was doing. 
"Isabelle!" she cried. "Stop! You're pulling up the mint!"
I stopped and looked down at the mint plant that I was about to deposit
into my weed pile that was now more mint than weed.  



"Oh my goodness!" I exclaimed. "June, I am so sorry! I'll buy you some new 
mint plants. I am so sorry. I know how hard you worked to
keep them healthy."


"That's all right Izzy," June said. "Mint is easy to tend and grows 
back quickly. And besides, I was thinking of picking some anyways. 
Come on, I have an idea with what to do with them."


And so we walked back to the house, taking all the mint I had picked with us.


TBC......


Do you like to garden?
In a while!!


2 comments:

  1. I don't like to weed either, but weeding with someone is fun.
    I am surprised June didn't notice sooner by the smell.
    Are you going to make tea? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Nicely done. :) Good job!!

    Sophia
    thatssomebysophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"If posts are the brain of a blog, then comments must be it's heart."
-N.K

I love receiving and reading your comments, but please make sure to be considerate of other's feelings.