Feature: El Monte, California

1.2.19



Over winter break, I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to the suburbs of L.A (plus, L.A.) to visit some family members. Though I only just got around to transferring the photos I took there from my camera onto my laptop, I still wanted to feature them on here.

Most of the photos were taken during the morning walks that my mother and I took around the neighborhood nearly every day, so they aren't anything extravagant, just small things that caught my eye, and shots that illustrate life in California suburbs.

 This photo was shot at a LAPD horse training center that we got a special tour of (thanks to a cousin who works there). Featured above is Stetson the horse. More similar shots over on my Instagram, if you're interested.

This was taken during Christmas Eve (or as it is called in Latin America, Noche Buena). Above is my great aunt dancing with my cousin.
Bilingual signs are extremely common, haha!


Love the unique shadows in this one.

Hopefully, you can expect some detailed posts that include more writing soon.

Also, I'm currently reading a book a week (or more, if possible) for year of 2019 - would any of you be interested in reading a recap of the books I read each month and my ratings? 

Comment below if you would enjoy reading about me reading, and if you travelled somewhere during winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"If posts are the brain of a blog, then comments must be it's heart."
-N.K

I love receiving and reading your comments, but please make sure to be considerate of other's feelings.