Writing Activity

5.2.14



Hullo people! This post is for all of the writers out there (just like me!). This activity helps with your ability to describe this in your writing. :) I myself recently did it, and it's really fun to do so I thought I might share it with you. :) Even if you do write regularly I highly encourage you to try this!
 But before we get started, I would like to give a HUGE shout-out to......

Melody Silverleaf!!!!

Ever since you started following my blog you have commented and viewed 
all of my posts. Thank you so much, this really means a lot to me. 
For those of you who don't know about Melody's blog, you can check
it out here.
I would appreciate if all of you also commented on my posts and did not just wait for the
giveaways to check my blog. Giveaways are supposed to advertise my friends' Etsy
shops and also to gain me more viewers. There is no point in having more giveaways 
if you guys don't comment on my other posts. :(
Please I beg you from the very bottom of my heart. 
Comment, share, and like my posts. 


A Writing Activity 
For Young Authors


You will need:

An Apple
A Pencil
And Your Writer's Notebook
(you can even use a piece of paper if you don't have a writer's notebook:)




Simply take your apple and place it in front of you.
Write down words that describe the apple.
Remember, ONLY use your sense of SIGHT!!
What I wrote down:
Brown, Stem, Red, Shiny, Light, Polka-Dots,
Round/Oval Shaped,  Lines, Hole, Center, And White.


Now hold the apple and write down all
the words that describe what you feel.
Use ONLY your sense of touch.
What I wrote down:
Smooth, Cold, Rough, And Lumpy.



Next take your apple and cut it open. 
Smell it. Write down words that described what you smelled.
What I wrote down:
Sweet, And Fragrance.


Take your apple and bite into it.
However do not focus on what it tastes like.
Use your sense of hearing.
What I wrote down:
Crunch. LOL

Last but not least, bite your apple again, 
but use your sense of taste.
 What I wrote down:
Sweet, Apples, Moist, Juicy, And Chunky.


As I said before, this helps with describing things,
and also helps you understand how important the use of adjectives is in your story.
I would appreciate at LEAST 3 comments before I post again.

Please note: These pictures are not mine. I would have taken my own,
but unfortunately I did not have enough time.

Thank you so much.
I hope you enjoyed!

In a while!!

                   Aliah 






2 comments:

"If posts are the brain of a blog, then comments must be it's heart."
-N.K

I love receiving and reading your comments, but please make sure to be considerate of other's feelings.